CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Scary night...

I just had the scare of my life...

I was in my room, playing the Sims 2 (the greatest game EVER) when I heard my Mom yelling my Dad's name really loud. They were both already in bed. I could hear panic in her voice, so I grabbed the phone and ran in there.

My Dad was seizing/choking. It was so terrifying to see my father like that!! I immediately dialed 911, and the dispatcher told me someone was on their way asap.

I ran back in the room with my mom, and my dad had stopped seizing at that point. It was weird... he was kind of like asleep, but his eyes were open. But he was taking huge, gulping breaths.

Within a couple of minutes, the fire fighters had arrived, as well as the ambulance. After taking his vitals and discussing some things with my mom (my dad was a little out of it), they decided it would be okay for my mom to drive him to the hospital herself. They left about fifteen minutes ago...

My heart is still racing and I'm shaking.

He does has epilepsy. He's been having seizures for about 4 years now; they started while he was down in Mexico with Jose. Since he's been on meds for them, he hadn't had a seizure up until last Monday. But, on Monday, he had the seizure on his way to get into his truck after work. By the time the cops found him (he was lying in a ditch!), the seizure was done and over with and he was coming to. My mom (for whatever reason) didn't take him to the doctor.

Anyways... I'm rambling now. I just got off the phone with my oldest sister. She thinks she's going to head over to the hospital. I'll update as soon as I find out anything else. Keep my dad in your thoughts please! I heart you guys!

2 comments:

chicadedios25 said...

I hope everything is alright. I work in the ER so I am accustomed to seeing how epilepsy affects so many loved ones. Good luck to you guys - you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz said...

Thank you so much for posting! :) It means a lot to me.

I had NO IDEA you worked in the ER! That was my dream was I was younger. I didn't care what I was doing there; I even considered volunteering! :)