CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is coming!

This afternoon, Jose is going to wire me money to buy my family Christmas gifts. Its not as exciting shopping for them this year as it usually is, since I'm not going to be hear to see them open their gifts, but Christmas shopping is something I can't help but to enjoy!

My parents are sad about us leaving for Christmas, but also realize that Jose hasn't been with his family in Mexico for Christmas in over 10 years. Just this morning, I asked my mom what they want for Christmas. She said rugs! Rugs? Really? I'm not about to go pick out rugs for my mom. I'm no Martha Stuart. I suck at interior decorating. I just know whatever I buy would be the exact opposite of what she was expecting. So, she'll be getting a gift card!! :) LoL, she can pick out her own rugs!

My Dad needs a hand truck. Jose calls it a "diablito" and I call it a "dolly". This is what it is:

Also, in the last year we've come to realize that they both need to have cell phones. They are not cell phone people by any means, but its something they should both carry on them at all times in case of an emergency. I'm thinking just a simple trac phone. I seen some nice sets (phone, car charger, accessories, etc) at Wal-Mart and they weren't too expensive.

My sisters are VERY hard people to shop for. I don't even try any more! LoL. They will both be getting gift cards to Wal-Mart as well!

As for my neice, my sister said she needs socks and underwear. YAWN. LoL! I don't want to be the boring aunt that gives socks and undies for Christmas! Come on! I'll pick out some cute character undies and some socks, but I also am on the lookout for a cute little toy to go with. :) I'm sure I'll see something when I go to Wal-Mart to pick up the gift cards!

Jose hasn't said anything about buying for his family. We do every year, but since we're planning on leaving I don't know if he plans on bringing them back something from down there or what...? I'm waiting for him to bring it up. We'll see what he says!

We talked again this morning about our trip. Oh my Lord, this man is so indesiscive. Now, we're back to going in the pickup. He says with gas prices as low as they are that he can justify taking the truck! And the two new tires ($200+ a piece!) we need to put on it. I told him I don't care how we get down there just as long as I get to the beach!!!

He said he wants to be at the beach for my birthday (December 27th). YAY! :) Heather, I need a phone number or something girl so that we can meet up if I make it! That would be so awesome! My first Blogger-inspired meeting!!

That's all for right now... I'm getting super excited. If all goes as planned, a week from today we'll be well on our way to Mexico!

1 comments:

Not anymore said...

ok, i'm going to email you my phone number, and my address. It will be fun to meet up I am praying we have some money fall into our laps, then we can go get some drinks and let the kids play. FYI, There are some all inclusive resorts here that charge like 75 per adult per day, I don't know how much for the kids. What are your plans of where to stay? Then there are also cheap places that have kitchens and stuff.