CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rock the boat... :)

Jose seems to have made up his mind about the trip to Mexico. He really, really wants to go. He hasn't been to Mexico for Christmas in over 10 years! That's a long time! He promises that me and the girls are going to have a good time.

I guess I should start preparing. I still won't believe it until we are actually on our way down there, but if we do go, I should get things ready.

We're looking at leaving around the 20th. Traffic is going to be dense. The drive is going to be long. The drive from Omaha, Nebraska to Laredo, Texas is 16 hours. SIXTEEN!! The 1st day Jose would like to get as close to Laredo as possible, and then get a hotel room and relax for the night.

We would leave as early as possible the next morning, and hopefully make it to Lagos de Moreno sometime before dark. There is going to be lots and lots and LOTS of traffic crossing the border. This is the time of year when most people go back to visit. I am planning on the wait to cross the border to be HOURS. Ugh... just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt! LOL!

Jose says when I get his next check to go buy a portable DVD player and DVDs to keep the girls busy on the way down there. Chavela is majorly into Dora and Diego, so I'm thinking 2-3 Dora movies and then a couple of movies for Olivia. Olivia's favorites are the Lion King and All Dogs Go To Heaven. She's never seen the sequals to the Lion King, so I might buy those if I can find them!

I will need books and maagzines for myself!! More books than magazines, actually, because magazines never manage to hold my interest long.

I'm rambling now... LoL. Sorry!

Take care!

5 comments:

Not anymore said...

We are lucky in the truck there is a built in dvd player, then I have my laptop and I can use that at the same time. But now the truck is broke down and we aren't going anywhere.

Liz said...

Jose wants to eventually have a DVD installed in the truck, but we haven't got that far yet! LOL!

A laptop would keep me very well occupied, but unfortunately I only have a desktop PC. Back in the day, I did have a laptop but my oldest decided to dump a full glass of water over the keyboard! :(

chicadedios25 said...

i would say invest in a portable dvd player for the kiddos before you go. $80 for a decent one if you look around enough.

bordersaside said...

I cant imagine the drive but to fly with the kids would be so costly. I get motion sickness and cant read in a car so a drive like that for me would be nothing but looking out the window. Our next trip to the states wont be to much I will just pay for me and Alana and the baby free. But Im sure after that it will be by land. Good luck preparing. Give them some art supplies they may help keep their hand busy to.

Liz said...

Amanda - thanks for commenting!! :) This will be my third time driving down there. Its a really, really long car ride but we'll be staying at least one night in a hotel to try to make it more manageable. We would love to fly, but unfortunately me and the girls don't have passports! :(